Dear Sir, Re: APPLICATION FOR (THE POST) ( Beginning of the letter)??> (Introducing yourself)??> (About your personal ability)? ?>(About the enclosure and other) (Ending) Yours faithfully, (Signature)
1) In reply to your advertisement in today’s (newspaper), I respectfully offer my services for the situation.
2) With reference to your advertisement in (newspaper) of May 2 for a clerk, I offer myself for the post.
3) Learning from Mr. S.P. Chen that you are looking for a sales manager, I should like to apply for the position. Introducing oneself
1) For the past three years, I have been in the office of the Brothers Trading Co., where I have been and still am an accountant.
2) I have been in the business for the last ten years, and worked as the superintendent in the personnel department.
3) I am 25 years of age, and have had two years’ experience in my present post, which I am leaving to better myself. About personal ability
1) Being well acquainted with office works, I could make myself generally useful, should there be any opportunity of your requiring my services.
2) I have been at the City Commercial College, where I have acquired knowledge of English, mathematics and elementary business practice. Reasons for leaving
1) My reason for leaving my present employment is that I am desirous of getting broader experience in trading.
2) I am desirous of leaving the employment in order to improve my position and have more responsibility.
3) Unfortunately I have had to leave my position, as my employers have been forced to liquidate their business due to the worldwide economic adversity. About salary
1) I should require a commencing salary of 9,600 dollars a month, plus 1\% commission on all sales.
2) As regards salary, I leave it to you to decide after experience of my capacity. About enclosure
1) You will find enclosed an outline of my education and business training and copies of two letters of recommendation.
2) Enclosed please find a résumé and a photo。
1) I should be glad to have a personal interview and can furnish references if desired.
2) Should you think favorably of my application, please kindly grant me an interview.
【例文一】 Rm. 316, New College Dormitory Xuanwu University, 2270 Zhongshan Road Nanjing, Jiangsu, 212000 Tel: (0
25) 9709399 Email: email@example.com August 25, 2002 Dr. Guoliang Li Director of the Human Resources Office Shanghai Star 20F, Huaihai Building 200 Huaihai Road (Middle) Shanghai 200021 Dear Sir， Re: APPLICATION FOR SENIOR CLERK In reply to your advertisement in today's newspaper regarding a vacancy in the Public Relations Section of your company, I wish to apply for the position of senior clerk, which you have specified. I feel confident that I can meet your special requirements indicating that the candidate must have a good command of English, for I graduated from the English Language Department of University three years ago. At college, English, Reporting Public Affairs, Advertising and Public Relations have been my favorite subjects. In addition to my study of English while in the University, I have worked for three years as a secretary in the firm of ABC Trading Co. Ltd. I would like to utilize my interests and training to the fullest through working with a company as well-known as your own. The main reason for changing my employment is to gain more experience with a superior multinational company like yours. I believe that my education and experience will prove useful for work in your office. I am enclosing my personal history, certificate of graduation and letter of recommendation from the president of the University. I shall be obliged if you will give me a personal interview at your convenience. Sincerely, (signature) Hong Qin
【例文二】 Dear Sir/Madam: Your advertisement for a Network Maintenance Engineer in the April 10 Student Daily interested me bacause the position that you described sounds exactly like the kind of job I am seeking. According to the advertisement ,your position requires top university,Bachelor or above in Computer Science or equivalent field and proficient in Windows NT
4.0 and LINUX System. I feel that I am competent to meet the requirements. I will be graduating from Graduate School of Tsinghua University this year with a M.S. degree . My studies have included courses in computer control and management and I designed a control simulation system developed with Microsoft Visual InterDev and SQL Server. During my education, I have grasped the principals of my major and skills of practice. Not only have I passed CET-6, but more important I can communicate with others freely in English. My ability to write and speak English is out of question. I would appreciate your time in reviewing my enclosed resume and if there is any additional information you require, please contact me.I would welcome an opportunity to meet with you for a personal interview. With many thanks, Wang Lin
【例文三】 April 13,2004 Room 212 Building 343 Tsinghua University,Beijing 100084 Ms. Yang: I was referred to you by Mr. Zhang, a Partner with your Beijing office, who informed me that the Shanghai office of your company is actively seeking to hire quality individuals for your Auditor Program. I have more than two years of accounting experience, including interning as an Auditor last year with the Beijing office of CCCC. I will be receiving my MBA this May from Tsinghua University. I am confident that my combination of practical work experience and solid educational experience has prepared me for making an immediate contribution to your company. I understand the level of professionalism and communication required for long-term success in the field. My background and professional approach to business will provide your office with a highly productive Auditor upon completion of your development program. I will be in the Shanghai area the week of April
16. Please call me at 136001216901 to arrange a convenient time when we may meet to further discuss my background in relation to your needs. I look forward to meeting you then. Sincerely, Cheng Dan
【例文四】 April 13,2004 P.O. Box 36 BIIT University Beijing,China 100000 Dear Sir/Madam: Now and then corporations send out feelers for just the right type of creative person. This person must fit very specific criteria. Usually, after all is said and done, the corporation wants a business person who can manage, create and communicate. A seasoned professional who's been around for a while. If you've been looking for this rare combination of business savvy and design expertise, my background might interest you: Ten years of working experience. Solid background in the management of creative up-and-comers. Know new technologies that show instant profit, such as CAD/CAM. This is but a brief summary of my abilities. And there is much, much more to share.I feel I have strong marketable skills in which you would be interested. Please contact me if you would like to hear and see more. With many thanks, Huang Yan
【例文五】 April 13,2004 P.O. Box 36 BIIT University Beijing,China 100000 Dear Sir/Madam: Please consider me for your Sales Management Program. My background is one of selling ideas, concepts and programs, and of motivating myself and others to realize our potential. Attitudes predict behavior - or so goes the saying in sales. If this holds true, I am sure to be as successful in sales management as I am in my college endeavors. My unceasing optimism, self-determination and ability to set goals have allowed me to achieve academic and personal objectives. Because of my "can do" attitude, sales will provide the challenge and opportunity to continue my successful history of setting and achieving goals. Please allow me the opportunity to elaborate on how my background predicts sales success. I guarantee you'll be providing your corporation with
an outstanding sales management . Thank you for your attention. Sincerely, Deng Yun