1) As soon as the hostess picks up her napkin， pick yours up and lay it on your lap. Sometimes a roll of bread is wrapped in it; if so， toke it our and put it on your side plate.
2) The Soup CourseDinner usually begins with soup. The largest spoon at your place is the soup spoon. It will be beside your plate at the right-hand side.
3) The Fish CourseIf there is a fish course， it will probably follow the soup. There may be a special fork for the fish， or it may be similar to the meat fork. Often it is smaller
.4) The Meat CourseThe main Course is usually served by the host himself， especially if it is a fowl(鸡禽) or a roast which need to be carved.He will often ask each guest what piece he prefers， and it is quite proper to state your preference as to lean or fat， dark(红肉)or light(白肉).
5) Using Knife and ForkIf you have English and American friends you will notice a few differences in their customs of eating. For the main or meat curse，the English keep the fork in the left hand， point curved downward， and bring the food to the mouth either by sticking the points onto it or in the case of soft vegetables，by placing it firmly on the fork in this position with the knife.Americans carve the meat in the same position， then lay down the knife and taking the fork in the right hand with the point turned up，push it under a small piece of food without the help of the knife and bring it to the moth right-side-up.
6) Helping Yourself and RefusingIf a servant passes food around， he will pass the dish in at your left hand so that you can conveniently serve yourself with your right hand.Never serve yourself while the dish is on your right; it is then the turn of your neighbor on the right. It is polite to take some of everything that is passed to you.But if there is something you may not like， you may quietly say: No thank you.
7) Second HelpingsThe hostess may or may not ask if you would like a second helping， according to the formality of the meal. If she does and you accept it，you should pass your plate to her or to the servant with the knife and fork still lying on it.
8) The Salad CourseA salad is eaten with a fork only held in the right hand with points turned up. There is usually a special one for the salad， a little smaller than the meat fork.
9) Bread and ButterBread is taken in the fingers and laid on the side plate or the edge of the large plate， it is never take with a fork.Butter is taken from the butter dish with the butter knife and placed on the side plate， not on one s bread.
0) Other Things on the TableWhen there are things on the middle of the table， such as bread， butter， jelly， pickles，nits， candies， you should not take any until the hostess ahs suggested that they be passed.
11) Leaving the TableIt is impolite for a guest to leave the table during a meal， or before the hostess gives the signal at the end.When the hostess indicates that the dinner is over， she will start to rise from her seat and all the guests she rise from theirs at the same time.
12) Various rules and SuggestionsSit up straight on your chair;Do not put much food in your mouth at a time;Drink only when there is no food in your mouth;Try not to get into your mouth anything that will have to be taken out;Do not make any nose when you eat;Do not clean your teeth at the table or anywhere in public， either with your finger or a tooth pick(牙签)， not even with you tongue.
1)座与进餐。此时应听从主人的安排，如邻座是年长者或妇女，应主动协助 他们入座。取菜时，自己食盘内不要盛得太多，如遇本人不能吃或不喜欢的 菜，服务员上菜或主人劝菜时，不要拒绝，可取少量放在盘内，并及时致谢。对不合口味的菜，切勿露出难堪的表情。吃东西时不要发出声音，要闭嘴嚼，鱼刺、骨头、硬壳等，不要直接外吐，应用筷子取出，(西餐时，吐在叉上)然后放在骨盘内，不要放在桌上。用过的牙签等细小物品最后也都应放进食盘里面。
人多时可礼貌地在一旁等一会儿。取菜点时要依菜点 原来摆放的样子顺序取，不要在盘中翻来找去，这样既不美观，又不礼貌。热菜、 冷食要分开放入自己盘中，切勿堆成一团。取到自己盘在的菜点，即使不爱吃，也绝不能再倒回去，可剩在盘中，放在边桌上，待服务员取走。尽量做到吃什么取什么，吃多少取多少，不够再取，避免浪费。如不小心取多了菜点而没吃完，可待服务员收盘时道声 对不起 。