Are You a Successful Leader?
1. Almost nothing we do in this word is done in isolation. At work or at play， you‘ll find yourself in groups， working with other people： your team at work， a meeting with colleagues， your family， a holiday with friends， a group of students working together， a day out walking in the mountains， a group of neighbors wanting to make changes. It is now recognized that being able to work successfully with other people is one of the major keys to success. Partly because we need to do it so often.
2. In almost every situation where you‘re in a group， you will need a skilled leader. All groups need leaders and all successful groups have good leaders. Groups without leaders or with weak leaders almost always break down. Members of a leaderless group often begin to feel dissatisfied and frustrated. Time is wasted and the tasks are not achieved. There are often arguments and tensions between people as there is nobody to keep the goals clear. Some personalities dominate and other disappears. Often group members begin not to come to meetings in order to avoid more disharmony.
3. Some people are natural leaders. The celebrity chef， Antonio Carlucci says， “True leaders a re born and you can spot them in kitchens.” They‘re people who combine toughness， fairness and humour. Although a lot of people agree that there are some natural –born leaders， most people now recognize that leadership can also be taught. Our professional and experienced staff can train almost anyone how to be a successful leader. Good leaders don’t make people do things in a bossy， controlling way. You can learn how to involve everyone， encouraging the whole group to work towards a common goal.
4. Our training courses use activities and techniques to develop a range of qualities which are necessary to be a good leader. Self-confidence is vital and being able to overcome your own fears about being a leader. Successful leaders also need to be calm and intelligent. They need to be able to work out good strategies and make sound judgments under pressure. Lastly, and probably most importantly, good leaders need to be sensitive, sociable and be able to get on with a wide range of people. Good leadership is essentially the ability to influence others and good leaders allow all members of the group to contribute.
A. A good leader needs a variety of qualities.
B. These techniques are used to train leaders.
C. Training can make good leaders.
D. Most of good leader are natural-born.
E. It‘s important to have a good leader.
F. People are in groups.
23. Paragraph 1__________.
24. Paragraph 2__________.
25. Paragraph 3__________.
26. Paragraph 4__________.
27. One of the major keys to success is ____.
28. Groups often break down because of ____.
29. Good leaders always avoid _____.
30. Self-confidence is the key to ____.
A. the ability to work with others.
B. encouraging group members
C. lack of good leaders
D. bossing people around
E. working out good strategies
F. overcoming fears about being a leader
23. paragraph 1
答案为F： People are in groups.
提示： groups是第一段段落主题词。 该段第一句是段落主题句。