Interview God
Interview God
采访上帝
"Come in," God said to me, "so, you would like to interview me?"
“进来”,上帝 对我说,“你想采访我?”
"If you have the time," I said.
“是的,如果您有时间的話。” 我说。
He smiled through his beard and said: "My time is called eternity and is enough to do everything; what questions do you have in mind to ask me?"
上帝 微笑了,笑容通过他的胡须绽开,说:“我时间的名字叫永恒,足足可以做任何事情。你心里有什么问题想问我?”
"None that are new to you. What's the one thing that surprises you most about mankind?"
“对您来说是没有新鲜的提问的。人类让您感到最惊奇的事情是什么呢?”
He answered: "That they get bored of being children, are in a rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live neither for the present nor the future. That they live as if they will never die, and they die as if they never had never lived..."
上帝 回答道:“人类在做孩子的时候感到无聊,盼望着长大,长大后又向往着返回童年;他们浪费自己的健康去赢得个人的财富,然后又浪费自己的财富去重建自身的健康;他们焦虑地憧憬未来,忘记了眼前的生活,活得既不是为了现在也不是为了将来;他们活得似乎永远不会死,他们死得也好像从来没活过…”
His hands took mine and we were silent. After a long period, I said, "May I ask you another question?"
上帝 握着我的手,我们一阵沉默。过了好长一段时间,我说:“我可以再问您一个问题吗?”
He replied with a smile.
上帝用微笑回答了我。
"As a Father, what would you ask your children to do for the new year?"
“作为天父,在新的一年里您会要求您的子民做什么?”
"To learn that they cannot make anyone love them. What they can do is to let themselves be loved.
“去学习人不能强迫别人爱自己,能做的是让自己接受爱;
To learn that it takes years to build trust, and a few seconds to destroy it.
去了解信誉需要多年的努力去建立,但几秒钟就可以毁掉;
To learn that what is most valuable is not what they have in their lives, but who they have in their lives.
去懂得最有价值的.不是他们生活中拥有的东西,而是他们生活里的人;
To learn that it is not good to compare themselves to others. There will be others better or worse than they are.
去学会把自己和别人攀比是不好的,比上不足比下总是有余;
To learn that a rich person is not one who has the most, but is one who needs the least.
去学知富有的人不是他的财产最多,而是他对生活的要求最少;
To learn that they should control their attitudes, otherwise their attitudes will control them.
去学会应该端正他们的态度,否则他们的态度会控制他们;
To learn that it only takes a few seconds to open profound wounds in persons we love, and that it takes many years to heal them.
去了解深深地伤害我们所爱的人只需要几秒钟,然而要愈合这个伤口需要许多年;
To learn to forgive by practicing forgiveness.
去通过宽恕的行为学习饶恕。
【Interview God】相关文章:
Interview Skills面试技巧08-20
Waiting for an Interview(等待面试)英语范文12-14