I. Phrase Translation
1. 中小企业: small and medium enterprises
2. 洗钱：money laundering
3. 人民币升值：appreciation of the RMB
4. 次贷危机: Subprime mortgage crisis
5. 水土流失: water and soil loss
6. 贸易顺差: trade surplus
7. 企业社会责任: Corporate Social Responsibility
8. 主权信用评级: sovereign credit rating
9. 贩卖人口: human trafficking
10. 美国驻华大使: American Ambassador to China
11. 温室效应: Green House Effect
12. 投资回报率: Return On Investment
13. 供应链: Supply Chain
14. 劳动密集型产业: labor-intensive industry
15. 防止核扩散条约: Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons; nuclear non-proliferation treaty
16. capital chain: 资金链
17. humanitarian intervention: 人道主义干涉
18. credit facilities：信贷措施;信贷服务
19. exclusive interview: 独家采访
20. clean governance：廉洁从政;廉政
22. double-dip recession：双底衰退;二次衰退;双谷经济衰退
22. the State Council：(中国)国务院
23. debt limit：债务限额;债务上限;债务额度
24. a Palestinian proposal to apply for statehood：巴基斯坦申请建国的提议;巴勒斯坦建国提案
25. social security：社会保障;社会保险
27. an earthquake of 9.0 magnitude on the Richter Scale：里氏9.0级地震
28. a cease-fire agreement：停火协定;停战协定
29. oil leak：漏油
30. organizing committee：组织委员会
II. Passage translation
Section A English to Chinese
All parents damage their children. It cannot be helped. Youth, like a clean glass, absorbs the prints of its handlers. Some parents smudge, others crack, a few shatter childhoods completely into jagged little pieces, beyond repair. Parents rarely let go of their children, so children let go of them. They move on. They move away. The moments that used to define thema mothers approval, a fathers nodare covered by moments of their own accomplishments. It is not until much later, as the skin sags and the heart weakens, that children understand: their stories, and all their accomplishments, sit atop the stories of their mothers and fathers, stones upon stones, beneath the waters of their lives.
Through it all, despite it all, Eddie privately adored his old man, because sons will adore their fathers through even the worst behavior. It is how they learn devotion. Before he can devote himself to God or a woman, a boy will devote himself to his father, even foolishly, even beyond explanation.
Section B Chinese to English
中国坚定不移地走和平发展道路。我们立足于自身发展，不搞侵略扩张，不搞以 邻为壑，更不会走国强必霸的传统大国崛起的老路，而是真诚希望与世界各国和 平共处，共同发展。我们不追求自己的利益最大化，而将认真实行互利共赢的开放战 略。我们将继续为发展中国家提供力所能及的帮助，在平等互利的基础上与发达国家 发展合作。当前，西方国家遇到一些困难，我们没有袖手旁观，而是尽可能提供支持， 因为在全球化的时代，帮助别人就是帮助自己，合作是我们的唯一选择。
China firmly commits to the path of peaceful development. Our focus is on our own development. We will not repeat the beaten track of the rising powers in the past. And invasion, expansion, beggar-thy-neighbour policy and hegemony are not our options.
We hope to live in peace and seek common development together with the world. This policy is not for selling to other countries. Instead, its our own action plan that will be followed through. Because peaceful development is in the best interests of China and the world.
We do not seek to maximize our own interests at the expense of others, but rather will carry out a win-win, opening-up strategy. We will continue to do what we can to help developing countries and, on the basis of equality and mutual benefit, work collaboratively with developed countries.
As we speak, some western countries have run into certain difficulties. Instead of standing by and blaming others, we have given as much support as we could.
Why is that?
Because in a globalised world, helping others is helping ourselves.
Cooperation is our only choice.